- Treatment Centers by City
- West Point
- De Kalb
- Holly Springs
- Keesler AFB
- Olive Branch
- Water Valley
Alcoholism is an epidemic in society today, and is a problem facing many in Tupelo, MS. Alcohol is in fact a drug, the most commonly used and widely abused in the world. Alcohol addiction causes many problems, and people that abuse alcohol are more likely to become violent, struggle with their career and have problems in their relationships. Alcoholism can literally destroy your life.
Consuming alcohol is a common and acceptable practice in Tupelo. The problem with alcohol addiction and alcoholism begins when consumption crosses the line from moderate drinking, to having to consume alcohol to avoid feeling bad or to feel comfortable in social situations. Alcohol addiction and alcoholism may be triggered by an individual's environment, the people he's associating with, etc. Whatever the case may be, if alcohol is being used in excess and an individual doesn't have enough control to put down that drink despite the consequences, there is a problem.
For someone in Tupelo, Mississippi who is involved in alcohol addiction or alcoholism, it is very easy to justify drinking habits and be in complete denial that there is a problem. But if a person is continuing to drink despite the health risks involved and the destruction that is being created in their life, it is time for them to seek help or for someone to intervene and help the person see that there is a problem. It may seem easier to pretend that nothing is wrong, but the longer a person continues his addictive behavior the worse off he will be in the long run.
Treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Tupelo is available for individuals who know they have a problem and have the courage to face their issues with alcohol. There are a number of Alcohol Addiction Rehab Facilities in the area. At an Alcohol Abuse Rehabilitation Program individuals can be in an environment where they can address the psychological and emotional issues that may have caused their alcoholism.
Alcoholism has taken its toll when an individual drinks so heavily for a long duration, that when alcohol is taken away withdrawal sets in. Withdrawal symptoms can include shakiness or trembling, fatigue, irritability and loss of appetite for example. Alcohol withdrawal can be overcome by going through a supervised alcohol detoxification as part of treatment at an Alcoholism Rehab in Tupelo, MS.
There are a variety of options available for individuals looking for treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Tupelo, Mississippi. There are Long-term Alcohol Rehab Centers, Outpatient Alcohol Addiction Treatment Centers, Short-term Alcohol Addiction Treatment Programs, Inpatient Alcohol Addiction Rehabilitation Centers, support group meetings, alcohol counseling, halfway houses and sober living.
Individuals battling alcohol addiction or alcoholism don't have to be ashamed or feel alone and hopeless. Recovering from alcohol addiction and alcoholism won't be easy, but admitting you have a problem and seeking treatment is the first step to getting the help that can get you through it. Put addiction behind you, so you can look forward to a bright and sober future. Contact a counselor and start treatment today.
Alcohol Treatment Facilities in and around Tupelo, Mississippi
- North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS, 38801
- Region III Chemical Dependency Service Tupelo, MS, 38804
- Region IV MH-MR Commission Booneville, MS, 38829
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Columbus, MS, 39703
- Golden Triangle Recovery Center Inc Starkville, MS, 39759
- Pines and Cady Hills Chemical Columbus, MS, 39701
- Recovery House Inc Columbus, MS, 39702
- Community Counseling Services Ackerman, MS, 39735
- Parkwood Behavioral Health System Olive Branch, MS, 38654
- Communicare Hernando, MS, 38632
- Contact Us
- Adolescents who consume alcohol are 7.5 times more likely than non-drinkers to report that they have been arrested and charged with breaking the law.
- A growing body of evidence links a high proportion of deaths that are related to fires, burns and drowning to alcohol abuse.
- According to the findings of a recent government survey, despite the numerous widespread warnings about the potential risk of drinking alcohol during pregnancy, over fifteen percent of the pregnant women that were surveyed said they had drunk alcohol at least once during their pregnancies.
- Hazardous drinking (5 or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting) is responsible for more than half of the alcohol industry's $155 billion market, and more than 75% of the beer industry's market.
- Tupelo, MS. Al-Anon Support Group Meetings
Calvary Baptist Church
Church And Main Street Behind The Church
Al-Anon Meeting Times
Wed., 12:00 PM
Fri., 12:00 PM
First Presbyterian Church
Corner Of Jefferson And Church Street
Al-Anon Meeting Times
Tue., 8:00 PM
Regional Rehab 615 Pegram
Al-Anon Meeting Times
Sun., 8:00 PM
Thu., 8:00 PM